Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Huge VoIP Problem :(

From: "Ryan Zuidema" <ryan.zuidema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 09:58:42 -0700

What are your IP address assignments for the different VLANs?

For further sniffing. Setup a ring buffered capture at two endpoints and run test calls between them until you generate the issue. Look at it unfiltered first. We need to go lower layer, losing your RTP packets is more of a symptom than a cause. I’d also want to see how the call control protocol is going (SIP?). I am wondering why you aren’t also having calls dropped or failing call setup entirely.

The “wrong sequence nr” just means that there has been a jump in the RTP sequence that indicates packet loss.

Ryan Zuidema