Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Windows XP Pro and ICMP Source Quench

From: Merton Campbell Crockett <m.c.crockett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 19:04:49 -0700
Martin:

The Online Communicator 2005 client sending TCP resets and TCP acknowledgements with the TCP window set to 0 to the Live Communications Server 2005 server.  The former response seems to occur when the the received packet contains more data than can be accepted into the current TCP window.

Well, it has been nearly a decade since I worked in environments where the TCP/IP traffic was being routed over multiple satellite hops.