Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Windows XP Pro and ICMP Source Quench

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 13:06:00 +1000
ICMP Source Quench has long been considered obsolete and harmful.
So it is very rare that stacks ever emit this kind of packet.

Even if they were emitted, all current stacks ignore this particular packet.

For TCP, a client that want to slow down the rate that a peer sends it data can just start shrinking the adverticed window instead.

regards
ronnie sahlberg