Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] rtp analyze => mirror port or tap

From: Uwe Kastens <kiste@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 10:43:30 +0200
Hello list,

I am just playing around with wireshark and tshark to get a kind
overview for rtp quality. This should be done for several days, so I
need to reduce the amount of data, which could be done wireshark/tshark,

By doing this I was wondering if somebody has some experience if one
should use passive taps or if its ok to use mirror ports on a switch.
The hole traffic will be below 50 Mbits, put I have to concentrate 2 * 2
Ports.

BR

Uwe
--