Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] gratuitous ARP

Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 10:13:01 +0100
In message <20090521051821.GT16095@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx> writes
On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 10:10:24AM +0100, wireshark.20090520@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I'm looking to filter traffic so that only /gratuitous/ ARPs are
captured/displayed, but can't see a way to do this.

Any suggestions how I can achieve this?

r28436 | jmayer | 2009-05-21 07:15:03 +0200 (Do, 21 Mai 2009) | 4 lines

Add filterable generated item arp.isgratuitous. Inspired
by question on wireshark-users ML by
wireshark.20090520@xxxxxxxxxxxx

So you need a version of Wireshark that's at least SVN revision 28436
or wait for any release greater than 1.1.4.

Ciao
      Joerg

Fantastic!

thanks Joerg, and to all who replied to the query.

Joe