Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] want to capture PPP packets over RS232 Line.

From: sameer patil <embzard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 10:58:51 +0530
hello everybody,
         I am working on embedded project which has TCP/IP/PPP stack. I want to connect my ARM based microcontroller  to the serial port of my PC and use wireshark to capture PPP packets. Now ,do i need to have a full modem connection between my PC and hardware? what all do i need to capture PPP packets over serial line?Currently i have connected only Rx/Tx and i am unable to capture PPP packets....wireshark shows no packets received....but when i connect to terminal, i do see the packets coming....Pls also do tell me what options i must select in wireshark to do this job?

thanks a lot!
sameer.