Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] ntop-like http sniffer?

Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 16:40:40 -0700
JJB wrote:
Can someone recommend an open-source product similar to ntop that would allow me to see, real time, url's visited per host & top visited urls?

Ideally, I need something that will run on RedHat, and provide a web-gui interface.

What I really mean is I want to monitor our LAN to see where our users are going - I'm really interested in figuring out how the bulk of our bandwidth is being used - Wireshark tells me that someone, for instance, is pulling lots of data from a CDN but not what the website they are going to is. I don't want to run a continuous sniff as that would be a massive file, so I'm looking for something accumulator based like ntop.

- Joel