Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] date of using Pcap NG

From: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 05:10:39 -0400
Hi Faten,

I'm not sure what you are especially asking for. But PCAPNG
support has been added to dumpcap recently. You can try
it by using the latest development version from the SVN server.

Just add -n as a command line option to dumpcap and the
file is saved in PCAPNG format. It can be read by Wireshark.

However, this feature is not yet available via the Wireshark
GUI and the additional information in the PCAPNG file,
statistics and interface information is not yet displayed
in the GUI of Wireshark.

Best regards
Michael