Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Segment Lost - Dup ACK

From: "Samson Martinez" <samson@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 15:54:12 -0500

I’m trying to track down a weird application issue. Basically, we host a download file that works fine using a browser but doesn’t work with a home-grown-type of download manager application. So, I took some captures on both ends of the download process that was performed using the download manager and I’ve attached a snippet of these captures. The same type of effect is seen throughout the entire capture:

Traffic flows ok, client shows a lost segment, then the fun begins…

How can I track down the initial lost segment and why would the stream of ACKs to the same packet exist?

Hoping someone can shed some light on this.

Many thanks!

-Samson