Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] 802.11 Monitor Mode Malformed Packets

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 09:49:40 -0700

On Apr 30, 2009, at 12:12 PM, Seoras Ray wrote:

Okay -edit-, I did just have to go back and try again to make sure I
hadn't missed anything and the only error I see in the packet
description is related to the FCS:
802.11 FCS: 0x00000000 [incorrect, should be 0x1cdf4421]

Does Wireshark display a radiotap header before it displays the 802.11 header?

If so, does that header have the "Flags" field and, if so, is the "FCS at end" flag set or clear?

If not, try turning the "Assume packets have FCS" preference off for the "IEEE 802.11" protocol.