Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] 802.11 Monitor Mode Malformed Packets

From: Seoras Ray <sray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 15:12:22 -0400
The packet is okay as far as I can tell, Wireshark extracts all the
useful information and displays it okay. The 802.11 headers appear
fine, in fact looking at the packet I don't see anything obviously
malformed. I did check the protected bit and it is set to false.

Okay -edit-, I did just have to go back and try again to make sure I
hadn't missed anything and the only error I see in the packet
description is related to the FCS:
802.11 FCS: 0x00000000 [incorrect, should be 0x1cdf4421]

I ended up just running the pcap file through airdecap-ng and
converting it to wpa decrypted ethernet packets and then loading that
into wireshark. That got me what I needed so I didn't pursue the
mangled packet issue too much.

Seoras.

--
Seoras Ray