Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] 802.11 Monitor Mode Malformed Packets

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 11:57:48 -0700

On Apr 29, 2009, at 9:20 AM, Seoras Ray wrote:

I have turned off encryption and I get nice normal traffic under monitor mode, it's only with WPA enabled that I get the malformed packets.

With WPA enabled, is the 802.11 header malformed? If not (I suspect the header won't be malformed), do the malformed packets have the "Protected" bit set in the flags?