Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] wireshark wifi

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 10:17:31 -0700

On Apr 30, 2009, at 8:30 AM, Jaap Keuter wrote:

It's a patched version of Wireshark, probably found in BackTrack.
See http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7405

To be precise, it "allows the user to select a packet opened with wireshark and edit it and reinject throught LORCON injection library":

	https://wiki.remote-exploit.org/backtrack/wiki/Wireshark%20Wifi

LORCON is "Loss Of Radio CONnectivity":

	http://802.11ninja.net/lorcon

and is "a generic library for injecting 802.11 frames, capable of injection via multiple driver frameworks, without forcing modification of the application code".

The injection patch is at

	http://802.11ninja.net/lorcon/wiki/WiresharkWiFiInjection