Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] maximum file size that can be opened using wireshark

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 14:17:44 +0200
Hi,

Use editcap to chop it up in more manageable pieces.

Thanx,
Jaap

ram singh wrote:
hi all...
i have captured and saved a file using tcpdump.File size is 1.58GB. when i am trying to open the file using wireshark the file gets loaded for about 4per(%) ant then it is throwing an error as "OUT OF MEMORY WIRESHARK SHOULD BE TERMINATED" can any one pl help me in opening this file