Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Question on wireless sniffing and Cisco AP modes

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 02:47:17 -0700

On Apr 29, 2009, at 2:07 AM, Joerg Mayer wrote:

Acutally, someone did:

The page at

	http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/pahcont/oweb.pdf

linked to from the dissector seems to imply, in the "Prerequisites for Using Sniffer Feature", that they've written a plug-in capture module for Airopeek that opens a socket to and connects to the AP - presumably "connecting" over UDP to port 5000, as indicated by the dissector.