Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] RTP PACkets displayed as UDP

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 11:56:09 -0700

On Apr 22, 2009, at 11:25 AM, Ujjval Karihaloo wrote:

Wireshark shows most of the RTP as UDP and you have to manually go in and decode AS “RTP” for the stream u think are RTP. Is there a setting I can do to wireshark so it always detects RTP as RTP.

There's no setting to provide a 100% guarantee that all RTP packets will be recognized as such, but you can set the "Try to decode RTP outside of conversations" preference for RTP, and it'll at least try to detect RTP packets (although, as indicated, it might not detect all RTP packets, and might think some *non*-RTP packets are RTP; there *is* no perfect "always detect RTP as RTP, never detect non-RTP as RTP" solution).