Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Using Wireshark to sniff traffic

From: "bruce" <bedouglas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 17:39:10 -0700
Hi Gary.

I've got wireshark running on the same box as the test browser.

I setup the system to look at http/udp traffic. With only the test browser
pointing to the site http://wbls.com/pages/3874639.php (wbls.com), I managed
to see the traffic coming from/to the local box. In this case, the ip
address was 72.13.89.13.

I took a guess, fired up the mplayer app, shoved http://72.13.89.13/wbls in,
and viola.. got the station playing...

I still don't know enough to know exactly how to determine the exact
'address' of the stream.. IE, how to figure out, using the site's '.js'
files/source from the website, combined with the traffic data to figure out
exactly what the ip address/url for the music/stream is.

thanks

-bruce