Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] TCP Previous segment lost > connection lost (bank transact

From: Pedro Tumusok <pedro.tumusok@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 03:28:38 +0200
On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 2:06 AM, Vikki Taxdal <vtaxdal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The reason for the transaction failure appears to be that the
> participants (server, client) pulled out of it before it could be
> completed.
>
> Here's an analysis for you.  Maybe someone else on the list can help
> with the rest for explanation why - I can see what's going on, but I'm
> a little shaky on tying events to RFCs :)
>

> Could someone else please continue?  (Yes, I'm sure it's staring us
> right in the face, but that's as far as I got.)
>
> Hope this helps,
> Vikki

Not a continuance, but I have been in situations where HTTPS/SSL
connections to a site that is using a load balancer, can get really
messed up by statefull packet inspection firewalls. Ie the connections
actually gets swapped around on the server side and the firewall does
not like it at all, especially if fragmentation is going on.

--
Best regards / Mvh
Jan Pedro Tumusok

I know you love me