Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] capture file cut short in the middle of a packet

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 06:40:50 +0200
Hi,

Wireshark captures into a file in /tmp, after which you save save that elsewhere. Do you get disk full situations? That would result in both Wireshark stop capturing and having these capture file cut short issues.

Thanx,
Jaap

Condor Kim wrote:
no, the notice "capture file cut short in the middle of a packet" occurred when i clicked "stop capture" and then saved the file. i also notice that my wireshark often stopped by itself. i wonder if it's because my eeepc, with its 1 gb harddrive space (although i saved my wireshark files on sd cards) and limited capacity, simply couldn't handle wireshark. i also want to know if there are newer versions of wireshark to download my the debian repository... this 0.99 is no good.