Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Convert .rf5 into .pcap

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 10:34:57 -0700

On Apr 8, 2009, at 11:36 PM, BARILLY YANN wrote:

I want to follow an end to end phone call and a part of the transmission
is of course in SS7.

Is there a way to convert a k12xx file into a wireshark file (with the
aim to merge the .pcap files afterwards)?

No - in order to be able to convert a file of a given type to pcap format, there needs to be a pcap link-layer type corresponding to the link-layer type in the other file, and there isn't one for K12 files.

You might be able to read multiple K12 files into one Wireshark session, and see that, although you won't be able to save that.