Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] unable to see radiotap header

From: Aneeq Mahmood <its.aneeq@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 15:03:30 +0200
HI
A brief info about my setup and my understanding:

I am running a Prism 2.5 card with HostAP driver on ubuntu. This card is connected to my AP. The card is now in monitor mode and i have set the IEEE 802.11 radiotap filter  to be present

A general query is that while i am in monitor mode (i am the only client to my AP), i should only be receiving packets. This means that i should receive any probe responses and beacons on the channel by my AP.

However, the results show that in the monitor mode i only received probe requests with no radiotap header inside.
i looked around on the web and came across some screenshots of wireshark in the appendix section of this file
http://etd.gsu.edu/theses/available/etd-11292006-224053/unrestricted/gupta_vaibhav_200612_ms.pdf
i never get anything like that :(

So, bottom line is i am monitoring my WLAN interface, have a filter of "802.11 radiotap header is present" on, but i am only catching probe requests from other devices and nothing from my own AP and no radiotap header as well.

Any help will be appreciated to get radio tap headers.

regards