Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Decoding problem in ANSI MAP messages

From: Sanjay Nayak <sanjay.nayak.bdk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 18:18:43 +0530
Hello

I want to decode the ANSI MAP Authentication Failure Report message in
the latest wireshark.

According to the section 2.4 of the spec.

http://www.3gpp2.org/Public_html/specs/X.S0004-540-E_v2.0_070723.pdf

Here there are seven mandatory parameters for the message
Authentication Failure Report.

1. Electronic serial number
2. MSID(i.e MIN/IMSI)
3.Report Type
4.System Access Type
5.System Capabilities(Serving)

That i have already given in my message.

But here for the parameter MSID,
if i give IMSI instead of MIN. Then it shows
BER Error: Unknown field in SET class:CONTEXT(2) tag:242.

Also it shows two tag errors at the last

1.BER Error: Missing field in SET class:CONTEXT(2) tag:8 expected
2.BER Error: Missing field in SET class:CONTEXT(2) tag:44 expected

That means it  considers two extra parameters as mandatory. Plz
suggest what is the problem with it?

For parameters the spec is

http://www.3gpp2.org/Public_html/specs/X.S0004-550-E_v2.0_070723.pdf

Regd's