Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark Crashes

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 12:41:54 -0400
Work Related wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to open Tektronics RF5 Log in Wireshark and every time i
try to open it it crashes with error

gmem.c:175: failed to allocate 2147483648 bytes aborting...

Cant seem to figure it out. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Have
wireshark on Linux.

Sounds like contents of the rf5 file is somehow not what Wireshark is expecting thus causing Wireshark to try to allocate a large amount of memory for some reason.

Is it possible to post a reasonably small version of the file which will cause the error ?

If so, please open a bug report (bugs.wireshark.org) and attach the file.

(If the file contains private information, you can mark the attachment as private so that only the Wireshark maintainers will have access).