Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Why i am getting BER Error: Missing field in SET class:CONTEXT

From: Sanjay Nayak <sanjay.nayak.bdk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 13:25:57 +0530

Hello

I want to decode the ANSI MAP Authentication Directive Invoke message in wireshark-1.0.6.

But the wireshark shows two missing parameters errors. They are as follows

1.BER Error: Missing field in SET class:CONTEXT(2) tag:77 expected
2.BER Error: Missing field in SET class:CONTEXT(2) tag:182 expected

But according to the section 2.2 of the spec.

http://www.3gpp2.org/Public_html/specs/X.S0004-540-E_v2.0_070723.pdf

here there are two mandatory parameters for the message AUTHDIR.

1. Electronic serial number
2. MSID(i.e MIN/IMSI)

That i have already given in my message.

Then why wireshark shows tag:77 and tag:182 errors?

That means it  considers two extra parameters as mandatory. Plz suggest what is the problem with it?

For parameters the spec is

http://www.3gpp2.org/Public_html/specs/X.S0004-550-E_v2.0_070723.pdf

Similarly when i want to decode ANSI MAP Feature Request Invoke message, it shows 5 missing parameters errors. They are as

follows

BER Error: Missing field in SET class:CONTEXT(2) tag:1 expected
BER Error: Missing field in SET class:CONTEXT(2) tag:6 expected
BER Error: Missing field in SET class:CONTEXT(2) tag:7 expected
BER Error: Missing field in SET class:CONTEXT(2) tag:2 expected
BER Error: Missing field in SET class:CONTEXT(2) tag:134 expected

But according to the section 2.20 of the spec.

http://www.3gpp2.org/Public_html/specs/X.S0004-540-E_v2.0_070723.pdf

here there are 3 mandatory parameters for the message FeatureRequest.

1.Digits(Dialed)
2.Electronic serial number
3. MSID(i.e MIN/IMSI)

That i have already given in my message.

Then why wireshark shows  the above tag errors? Plz suggest.

I have attached the traces for the above two messages.

Plz suggest what is the problem with the above two messages in wireshark-1.0.6.

Regd's
Sanjay