Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Wireless Sniffer

From: Dani Camps <danicamps81@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 09:20:28 -0700 (PDT)
Dear all,

I have an IBM T43 laptop with Linux on it and an Intel 2915a/b/g WiFi chipset. I can put the wireless interface in monitor mode and then I see using wireshark all the Layer 2 (802.11) traffic going on on my wireless network. However, when I examine a captured packet wireshark stops at layer 2, so I can not see the higher layer info (TCP, UDP ,...).

Is there any way to set my wireless card in monitor mode but capture the traffic at above L2, so that I would see a "normal" wireshark capture with all the info about layer 3 and above ?

Best Regards

Daniel