Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] LTE MAC Packet capture in WireShark

From: Dinesh Arora <dineshk_arora@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 17:33:54 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the initial clarfication. If you have any sample packet.out file for LTE MAC then it will be helpful.

I do not have any specific constraint to use a particular format and fine with using something that is already supported and tested.

My initial understanding was to make a simple TCP Client that is injecting the packets to TCP Server:9999 with following format

TCP Header + MAC LTE Info + MAC PDU

Where, MAC PDU is the actual MAC message as per 36.321 and containing a sequence of MAC Subheader + MAC Payload.

TCP Header + DCT2000 Format indicating protocol as MAC_LTE + MAC LTE Info + MAC PDU.

Can you confirm if the release 1.1.6 supports MAC LTE protocol dissector?

Regards,
Dinesh

Regards,
Dinesh