Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] RFC3611 Packet Receipt Times reported 0 in wireshark

From: Madhav Kulkarni <mpkulkarni@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 13:18:38 +0530
Hello All,

I am testing my RTCP-XR implmentation on Wirteshark using RTP Packet
relay option set on ONDO server. When I check my rtcp-xr packets on
wireshark Packet Receipt Times reported is shown  0. I have checked
the binary data in wireshark there it is showing correct.

The code for creating the Packet Receipt Times Report Block  is a s below:

void CreatePktReceiptTimesBlock()
 {

     int i,loopcnt;

     //Block Header fields
     bt         = 3;
     blk_rsvd   = //thining = 2
     length     = htons(2);

     ssrc      = htonl(dwRTPSSRCRx);
     begin_seq = htons(wBegin_seq);
     end_seq   = htons(wEnd_seq);

     loopcnt = wpkt_recpt_timecount;

     if(loopcnt >= 100)
      loopcnt = 100;

     for(i=0;i < loopcnt; i++)
     {
         RecptTimesblk[i] = htonl(dwpktrecpttimes[i]);
     }

     length += htons(loopcnt);

}

dwpktrecpttimes[i] array is filled using do_gettimeofday()

dwpktrecpttimes[wpkt_recpt_timecount++] = GetSysTime();

DWORD GetSysTime(void)
{
   struct timeval tv;

   do_gettimeofday(&tv);
   return(tv.tv_sec <<10) + (tv.tv_usec>>10); //conert to milliseconds
}

Can anyone let me know if there is bug with my implementation or in wireshark?

@ Madhav Prakash Kulkarni