Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Live capture stops suddenly

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 20:10:52 -0700

On Mar 13, 2009, at 2:51 PM, Chris Henderson wrote:

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Stephen Fisher
<steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On the bottom of the screen, does it say that /tmp/ is where the
temporary capture file is being saved?

Yes, it does.

Does the temporary capture file continue to get larger over time, even if the packet count stops increasing, or does it stay the same size? (Wait long enough for a lot more packets to arrive, so they get saved to the file.)