Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Decode SSL/TLSv1 with IPv6

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 12:05:10 -0600
On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 09:25:11AM -0500, Paul Drasler wrote:

> Running verison 1.0.6 of wireshark compiled on Sparc Solaris 10. Using
> the private key of my server I am able to decode SSL/TLSv1 packets
> between my client and server using IPv4 but if the same client and
> server use IPv6 I am not able to decode the SSL/TLSv1 packets. I have
> the correct addresses both IPv4 and IPv6 and ports configured on the
> RSA Key List parameter along with the private key.

I just took a look at the source code
(epan/dissectors/packet-ssl-utils.c: ssl_parse_key_list) and much to my
surprise, it doesn't appear to support IPv6 addresses for SSL
decryption.  Would you mind opening a bug marked as an enhancement
request on https://bugs.wireshark.org to ask for IPv6 support for SSL
decryption?

> Was wondering if there is something I am missing in regards to the
> IPv6? I did not compile wireshark with the --enable-ipv6 option, could
> that be the problem?

That option defaults to on and is only for IPv6 name resolution.

Steve