Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] tcp.analysis.ack_rtt

From: "Wynns, Roger [OXFORD]" <RWynns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 13:46:03 -0500

I have a question about how tcp.analysis.ack_rtt is calculated… In the documentation(Wikipedia.org)  RTT is calculated from the three-way handshake but it appears that in Wireshark it is also calculated for each ACK.  So my question is How is it calculated and is it possible to just get the RTT numbers for just the three-way handshake?

What I am trying to get is the RTT for each port connection that the client makes to use as  baseline data.

Thank you in advance…

Roger Wynns
GNS- Global Network Services