Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Slow gigabit network

From: "Bond, Peter" <PBond@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:13:19 -0000
> Hansang Bae wrote

> How can the NIC test the quality of the cable?

TDR?  I know several of my NICs tout that functionality, never had cause
to try it though.
http://www.commsdesign.com/design_corner/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=165
05651

Peter

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the
addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in
error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and
delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption,
interception, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we
only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for
any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or
any consequences thereof.

This email, its content and any attachments is PRIVATE AND
CONFIDENTIAL to TANDBERG Television, Part of the Ericsson Group.

www.tandbergtv.com