Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark & monitoring in the enterprise environment

From: Hansang Bae <hbae@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 19:44:08 -0400
At 03:30 PM 2/8/2009, Martin Sustrik wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I've written an article about monitoring business data, things like
>"invoices" or "stock quotes", using Wireshark:
>
>http://www.zeromq.org/code:traffic-monitoring
>
>If there's anybody interested in business messaging on the list I would
>appreciate any pointers to handy and/or fancy features, tips & tricks
>etc. with respect to monitoring and analysis of network data in the
>enterprise environment.

We do this quite a bit (as I work for a large financial company).  I usually hold in house classes on using Wireshark to troubleshoot issues seen in a large enterprise.  I've been meaning to record the sessions via Camtasia, so as soon as i get around to it (it's been a struggle to get the ducks in row) I will post a note here.

hsb