Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] IPv6 Interface

From: "Michael Margulies" <mmargulies@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 10:35:39 -0800

Folks:

I’m trying to use Wireshark v1.0.6 on a Windows XP Pro (w/sp3) machine to debug an embedded TCP/IPv6 stack, and I’m having a hard time getting my laptop’s IPv6 interface to show up in the capture interface dialog box, and as a consequence I can’t capture any IPv6 traffic.

I know the IPv6 interface is functional because I’ve used the ipv6 if command at the command prompt to get the interface specifics for the local area connection, and I can successfully use ping6 to do a loopback test. In addition, I used the local area connections dialog box to try and disable the tcp/ipv4 stack on my laptop to try and force Wireshark to recognize the IPv6 interface. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike M