Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] How to compile Wireshark for 64-bit Windows Vista Home Pre

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 16:26:31 -0500
Hi Brian,

I recently attempted a Windows compile on 1.0.6. I retrieved the
Windows sources from SVN. Unfortunately, most projects would not
compile. The projects that would compile were empty (if I recall
correctly). Searching Wireshark's wiki (http://wiki.wireshark.org) for
"Windows compile", "Windows", and "compile" returned no results.

Your best bet would be to get Windows x64 gear from the maintainers
who know how to build the sources. The Win stuff is just not too
accommodating.

Jeff