Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark file format

Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 20:06:50 +0100
Hi Ram Singh,

When you select Follow TCP Stream the Follow TCP Stream dialog box pops up
with all the data from this tcp stream.
You can view and save the data in the following formats:
ASCII, EBCDIC, Hex Dump, C Arrays and Raw.

Wireshark also applies a display filter to select all the packets in this
tcp stream.
You can save those packets to a separate .pcap file:
File -> Save As
Packet Range: select -> Displayed

You will find more information in the User's Guide:
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/ChAdvFollowTCPSection.html
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/ChIOOpenSection.html
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/ChIOSaveSection.html#ChIOSaveAs

Hope this helps