Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] IO Graph Load(*)

From: "Bland Chuck-CNGR85" <Chuck.Bland@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 18:01:30 -0500
Thanks! I will go check that out!

Chuck

From: wireshark-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wireshark-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of ronnie sahlberg
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 14:53 PM
To: Community support list for Wireshark
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-users] IO Graph Load(*)

There is a short description of LOAD type graphs towards the far end of the Wireshark presentation at
http://www.snia.org/events/storage-developer2008/presentations#cif_smb_smb2

ronnie sahlberg

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 9:47 AM, ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
LOAD is used to view/analyze the queue-depth for command-response style protocols.

You use on "response time" fields,   like rpc.time   for NFS.

It will then calculate and plot how the queue-depth changes throughout the capture.
For ease of implementation it uses integer math for these calculations, as such a value of 1000 on the Y-axis represents 1(ONE) I/O in flight.

This is very useful since it is shows the relation in performance between the initiator and the target and is the only real way of measuring initiator(client) performance.

regards
ronnie sahlberg