Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Can I see all protocol dissection through tshark?

From: "Beno, Tal" <Tal_Beno@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 04:13:34 -0600

Hi,

I am fairly new and am still learning the basics.

I am trying to use tshark for background only capturing and analysis (no display needed\wanted).

I am seeing in the captured stream only the pcap protocols such as TCP.

My need is to dissect the packets also for all the additional protocols as supported in the Wireshark UI (HTTP, FTP, TELNET …).

Is it possible through tshark (or any other non UI way)?

Thanks,

Tal