Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] A strange problem with wireshark

Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 12:27:39 +0900
Dear friends

thank you for your cooperation.
finally I find the problem, problem was not the hub or even LAN card.
The problem was related to my antivirus firewall on network.
I disabled it and now every thing is OK. So I recommend to consider this possibility also if somebody has the same problem as me.
Also I want to say you can by a cheap 5 port hub with10-20$, of course  I am talking about japan and I don't have any idea about other countries.

best regards

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 6:23 AM, Andrew Hood <ajhood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Gerald Combs wrote:
> Wes wrote:
>
>>My guess it really operates like a switch more than a hub. It's actually been hard (for me anyway) to find real hubs now days. If it auto speeds or auto anything, odds are it is really operating as a switch.
>>
>>Your best bet would be to find an old 10BaseT only hub. Of course if your interested in looking at throughput related problems, this would not be the way to go...
>

> You can get an 8-port managed switch (including mirroring) for less than $100
> nowadays.

Can't see anything anywhere near $AU100 that does 10/100/1000 +
management + mirroring. Please don't assume everyone has access to cheap
hardware.

               -- Dr. Who