Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Counting Missed or resent Packets

From: rogerz zhang <rogerz.zhang@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 17:59:40 +0800
On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 7:28 AM, <rkruz@xxxxxxx> wrote:

How can I use Wireshark to determine if packets were dropped and resent in a capture?

I mirrored a port and captured data with the application traffic running then I forced about 20 Mbps of data on the link to see if there was any issues. The application continued to work fine but Im asked if there was any network pertibations. One way to answer that I think might be to look for dropped packets with and without the heavy traffic..

If your application traffic is based  on TCP, you can try to apply a filter of "tcp.analysis.flags"

Any tips appreciated.

thanks again!