Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] TCP retransmissions from Windows file server

From: Marc Luethi <netztier@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 19:30:53 +0100
On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 15:50 +0100, Hans van Staveren wrote:

> 2) The server guys told me they were using the HP teams driver on the
> servers, and that they heard that this would be a problem with Cisco
> switches. This does not ring any bell with me.

Yah, "problem with Cisco", been there done that *grumble* *mumble*.

Do the server guys mean to have a "failsafe" configuration with each NIC
one connected to a different switch (in active/standby or in
outgoing-loadbalanced mode), or do they want 802.3ad link aggregation
(aka LACP), with both interfaces connected to the same switch?

Might be worth getting that part of the setup straigt before hunting
after lost packets and brooding over retransmissions.

regards

Marc