Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] SYN Capture Filter issue

From: Kevin Cullimore <kcullimo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 17:19:52 -0500
Bland Chuck-CNGR85 wrote:
Guy,

I'm gonna bring one other detail in to this.

I noticed in the WinDump output that it said....

windump: listening on \Device\NPF_GenericDialupAdapter

I'm not using this interface. I am using another. In this case, it is a
Juniper Networks virtual interface, as I am tunnelled into my employers
network as I work from home.

I saw the -i option in WinDump but don't know how to spec the interface
I'm using.
c:\>windump -D | findstr Juniper
4.\Device\NPF_{922EEDBE-B667-46B4-A4AE-D5BA74B64D45} (Juniper Network Connect Virtual Adapter)

c:\>

the string populating the argument immediately following the "-i" switch begins with \Device and ends with }

Does this make any difference and do I need to repeat the commands using
a different interface?

Chuck