Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] TCP Name Resolution for Well Know Ports Only (Windows)

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 01:13:29 -0500
Hi All,

How does one specify that Wireshark only perfrom tcp name resolution
for ports below 1024? Section 7 of the User Manual only offers an
all-or-nothing solution. I'm finding that the resolution of ephemeral
ports such as 3047 is distracting.

I see that Guy Harris proposed two Wireshark resolution files [1], but
I can't tell if it has been implemented, and (if implemented) I don't
see where one would select either.

Thanks,
Jeff

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/wireshark-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg04537.html