Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Question on wireshark capture in Wi-Fi network

From: Dani Camps <danicamps81@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 13:09:39 -0800 (PST)
Dear all,

I am trying to do captures of a traffic RTP/UDP Video flow streamed over a Wi-Fi network using wireshark. Basically I set my wireless card into monitor mode and then I can see all the traffic over the Wi-Fi interface (802.11 signaling) by running wireshark on the interface.

In the attached file you can see the capture. As it can be seen in the trace marked with red arrows the transmitted sequence numbers are not contiguous which means that some frames are lost. Now, my question is whether is there any way that I can get wireshark to tell me if these packets are really lost:

-Is there a way to ask wireshark to report FCS errors on the measured interface ?

-Could I get a reading of the power that was received in the interface during the moments when a packet should have been lost ?

-What other things could be happening? Maybe is a failure of wireshark and the packet is actually there ? Can this be checked ?

Thanks!

Daniel