Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] How to configure NIC that connects to Cisco SPAN port?

From: David Kraut <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 16:26:57 -0800 (PST)
Hi, I'm trying to find configuration information or examples of how to configure the NIC of a dedicated computer that will connect to a spanned/mirrored Cisco switch port.  Specifically, does the NIC need an IP address if it's connected to a span port that passes multiple VLAN traffic?  Essentially, I want to mirror the port that everyone must go through to get to the Internet.  This traffic will be coming from many different subnets.  Any assistance would greatly appreciated!