Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Export files with delimiters

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 09:57:51 -0800

On Feb 4, 2009, at 8:46 AM, rkruz@xxxxxxx wrote:

CSV would be great. I did not see that as an option in Ethereal but Ill look closer again. Is it an option in Etherreal?

Unfortunately I do not have the option of using Wireshark as it is not yet approved for installation where I work.

Whoever approves applications for installation where you work *does* know that "Ethereal" and "Wireshark" are the same program, right? We just changed the name because Gerald Combs changed employers and the old employer held the trademark for "Ethereal":

	http://www.wireshark.org/faq.html#q1.2

I don't know offhand whether the last version of our software released under the name "Ethereal" supported exporting as CSV or not.