Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] can't capture on my linux

From: Condor Kim <toothache200873@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 19:38:31 -0800 (PST)
Hello everyone. i installed wireshark /ethereal on my little asus eee pc with linux xandros. however, when i start wireshark, and open "options" under "capture", i see no listing in the "interface" drop down list. i then typed the command "wireshark -D" and i got the response "there is no interfaces on which capture can be done"????

what do i do? i typed ifconfig and got the following 4:
ath0, eth0, lo, wifi0-00

i know the wireless card used on this little eee is from azurewave tech. is this one incapable of capturing?

what do i do? how do i capture on my linux eee pc? perhaps i should use tcpdump instead?