Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Problems with detect my Wireless Card

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 12:46:29 -0500
Domenico Aloisio wrote:
I am a new user of wireshark version 1.0.5 (SVN REV 26954), I have installed
winpcap 4.1 beta5 on my notebook HP pavillion dv 6286ea (in attachment last
dxdiag my machine). When I should choose the interface for the monitoring of
network traffic, Wireshark show me my wireless card (Intel(R) PRO/Wireless
3945ABG Network Connection) filtered by windows in the following way
\Device\NPF_key of windows registry. Configuring my wireshark in promiscuous
mode, and therefore goal being the total monitoring network Wi-Fi
certificate where is my notebook. The problem is that I can capture only the
traffic generated by my IP address, while I fail to monitor the traffic that
the others do PC certificates to my private network Wi-Fi. I can say if I
wrong something in installation and/or configuration of the products
wireshark and/or winpcap, or my network card is not able to intercept the
total network traffic. I look forward to an immediate response, because I
must solve the problem otherwise I will have a switch to other products. My
e-mail for response is aloisio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Best Regards
Domenico Aloisio.

The information at http://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/WLAN may be of some help.

Also: a Google search for something like
site:wireshark.org windows wireless capture
will provide additional information.