Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] DNS Working but can't connect to anything

From: staedtlerx <staedtlerx@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 20:40:28 -0500
1. Thank you for that :P

2. Nothing found by any of those apps including Hijack This - I guess I'm going to live with this one connection for now until I have time to reinstall Windows...

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Andrew Hood <ajhood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
staedtlerx wrote:

> AND last but not least! :
> Last night I did a Windows repair install, which I guess attempts to
> delete all system files and replace them with the ones on the CD. Took
> about an hour so it would seem that a lot of things were reinstalled.
> However, the connections are still not fixed. This leads me to believe
> there must be some third-party module that is corrupted (or malware)
> sticking around somewhere and getting in the way. Anyone know of any
> other debugging/tracing tools that might be used to track this sucker
> down? (I really don't want to have to completely reinstall - it's a real
> pain with all the custom drivers on these vaios!)

Answer 1. Don't use Windows.

Answer 2. Lavasoft's Ad-Aware, Safer Networking's Spybot, CCleaner. I
found Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware good at getting rid of really hard to
remove viruses/trojans/etc.

               -- Dr. Who