Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Link quality tests/analysis?

From: <rkruz@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 19:39:38 -0500
thats some great insight.  Thanks!
I had no idea errored frames were not mirrored.  Would inserting a "hub" in the link and then to Wireshark allow me to see the errored frames.?

What else do mirrored ports NOT pass that are on the original port?

on RTT.  There is a filter for send and response to a message from  an IP address.  WIth ping, couldnt I filter just the ping send/rcv data, export to a spreadsheet and determine the RTT by subtracting the times of send and receive?

Thanks again