Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Strange Delta Time

From: Alexandre Aeschbach <lex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 18:17:16 +0100
Hi,

I guess the two pcs don't have synchronous system clocks. That would explain the different timestamps.

Really strange things happen after packet 55 in source and destination - after a "long" gap of about 50ms everything seems to be ok with a delta of 10ms between the packets. In both files.

How do you implement the networking part of you application?
Do you buffer the packets on the receiving side and poll them out of it?

regards,

Alex

Frank Pall schrieb:
Hello,
i have some more tests in the meanwhile...Today i tried to connect two pcs with a cross cable,installed wireshark on both the pcs and made a test,and i clearly see a difference in the packets time stamps... I attach you the two capture files relative to a single test ("Source.pcap" is the file captured from the "source" pc,"Dest.pcap" the one captured from the destination one)
Any clue about it?